This privacy statement outlines how we handle your personal information and applies across all websites that we own and operate and all online services and support we provide, or services we may offer (for example, events or training).
You should read this statement if you are:
• an employer registering to use our platform
• an owner of a business that utilises our platform
• a lawyer or agent for an employer or owner
• an employee or contractor or individual whose personal information may be given to, or held, by Employer
• an employee or contractor to Employer
• a person seeking employment with Employer
We will update this privacy statement periodically to reflect changes in legislation, systems and processes.
The Privacy Act
We comply with the Privacy Act 2020 (Privacy Act) when we handle personal information.
Personal information handling
We collect personal information for purposes directly related to our functions or activities or as required to provision you with support.
We may use personal information provided to us for other reasons permitted under the Privacy Act 2020 (eg with your consent, or for a directly related purpose, or where the law permits or requires it).
You may voluntarily provide personal information to us, eg in comments, questions or feedback. This information will be viewable by website administrators, our staff (as appropriate), and sometimes third-party contractors who administer or work on the website.
How we can share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
• third party service providers and partners who assist and enable us to use the personal data to, for example, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to market or promote our goods and services to you;
• regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure;
• an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in connection with an actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business;and
• other people where we have your consent.
We do not give your personal information to government agencies or private-sector organisations unless one of the following applies:
• you have consented;
• you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those bodies or agencies;
• the disclosure is required or authorised by law;or
• a general permitted situation under the Privacy Act exists, such as: it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life, health or safety, or to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
Collecting statistical information
You can manually disable cookies at any time. Disabling cookies will not affect your ability to use our website.
We use Google Analytics to collect statistical information about use of our website to help us improve our services. This includes information such as how the website is navigated and the screen resolution and language setting of your web browser. This information is aggregated and does not contain information that identifies you. This information is viewable by site administrators and certain other Employr staff.
Access and correction
You can request access to and correction of the personal information that we hold about you by using the form on our contact page.
For more information on the privacy laws in New Zealand and contact details for the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, please visit the Privacy Commissioner’s website.